Syngenta Lawn & Garden’s Heritage G fungicide has received registration for use in the state of California.
Heritage G is a systemic strobilurin fungicide in a granular formulation, and specifically formulated for controlling disease up to a 28-day window on turfgrasses including golf courses, sod farms, athletic fields, residential lawns, commercial lawns and other areas. It features the carrier DG-Lite, which allows it to disperse under minimal water requirements, even a heavy dew.
“Professionals in the California turf industry now have the opportunity to use this high-performance, trusted fungicide in a granular formulation,” said Bob Goglia, fungicide brand manager for Syngenta Lawn and Garden. “It has the same efficacy as the sprayable versions, Heritage WG and Heritage TL, and has been tested and proven effective against more than 21 common turf diseases.”
Features and benefits of Heritage G include:
• Controls many turf diseases, including brown patch, red thread, Pythium, Anthracnose, gray leaf spot, snow mold, take-all patch, leaf spot, summer patch and necrotic ring spot
• A root absorption method which helps reduce accumulation of the product granules on grass leaf blades
• A granular formulation that allows maintenance with a fungicide application program even when weather conditions prohibit spraying, or when smaller spot treatments are more convenient
• High solubility of the DG-Lite carrier that allows the active ingredient to quickly and thoroughly reach the leaves
• The DG-Lite carrier virtually eliminates granule pickup into mower clippings baskets, product residue on shoes or golf balls and granule “washaway” during heavy rains
• Uptake by the roots, crown and xylem; systemic movement allows the product to reach new growth
As with all products, it is important to read and follow label instructions when using Heritage G.
To learn more about Syngenta products and services for the golf, lawn and landscape, ornamental and aquatic businesses, visit www.greencastonline.com or call 1-866-SYNGENTA (796-4368).